International Women's Day - Events
March 8th marks International Women’s Day – a day of celebration, awareness and a chance to get together and #EmbraceEquity. There are events all over the world to celebrate day the vary from intimate networking events to larger scale festivals. For those of you local to London and Reading (where you'll find a Gravity Co-Living property), we've listed a few suggestions for you below.
Make sure to check the events you want to attend and follow their instructions in terms of reserving a spot.
1. WOW – Women of the World – Southbank Centre - Various times/events - 10 – 12 March 2023
The world’s biggest, most comprehensive festival celebrating women, girls and non-binary people is back in 2023 with its 13th edition.
2. International Women's Day Networking (London) - 17:00 – 19:00 / 8 March – 6 More London Place, SE1 2QY
The perfect opportunity to meet, network and share conversations around this year’s International Women’s Day theme, #EmbraceEquity
3. Women Who Network (In celebration of International Women's Day) - 18:00 – 21:00 / 8 March - SITU LIVE Ariel Way London W12 7GE
SITU LIVE welcomes four trailblazers from the creative industries for an intimate chat about navigating womanhood and business.
4. 2023 International Women's Day - Dear Black Women & Girls Festival - 11:00 – 18:00 / 11 March - NOVOTEL West London Hammersmith International Ctre 1, Shortlands Hammersmith London W6 8DR
This empowering event is designed to celebrate and uplift Black women and girls in the UK by centring their needs and wellness. With a variety of activities and workshops, we strive to promote self-care and self-love within our community. Be a part of this uplifting and inspiring event, get your ticket today.
5. The Rosemary Branch Theatre - 2 Shepperton Road, London N1 3DT
Various events at a beautiful, characterful, historic, local pub on the border of Islington and Hackney.
“Just set back from the Regent’s Canal, we have delicious food, a wide range of thoughtful drinking options and an award-winning theatre and function room upstairs. Our theatre hosts all types of performance and community experiences - theatre, comedy, live music, improv, puppetry, family shows, drag, cabaret, podcasts, burlesque and workshops.”
6. International Women's Day at Metro Bank Reading - 11:30 – 13:30 / 8 March - Metro Bank 201 Broad Street Reading RG1 7QA
Network with local business owners and professionals over a light lunch to celebrate International Women's Day
7. RUSU's International Women’s Day event - 12:00 – 14:00 / 8 March - Reading University Students' Union Reading RG6 6EH
RUSU's International Women’s Day daytime event is a chance to come along to join the celebration and recognition of influential women and movements. The event will be opened with a Cheerleading performance and close with a Debate and throughout the 2 hours will have stalls for: Crafting, Once a Month Society stall, signing the pledge and more.