Top tech brands supporting co-working
The best tech companies to work for in London and Reading
As polls show, 80% of employees now looking for new job opportunities request the possibility of remote working. Gravity Co, being community focused, has accumulated a following, particularly amongst those working in the tech sector looking for a more flexible, ‘anywhere work’ approach.
It’s the big tech companies that are leading the way in re-structuring the workplace – Coinbase, Dropbox, Upwork and Spotify are just a few that are now adopting a remote-first scheme, with others jumping into a hybrid work scheme. And it’s not just big capital cities where it’s at – regional towns such as Reading (where Gravity Co. has a property) are also getting in on the act to offer out-of-city employees a more affordable way of living.
Gravity Co. has done some research on some of the best tech companies to work remotely for close to our properties. Research shows that tech companies in the UK increased employment opportunity by 68%. Whilst some of the Gravity Co properties have co-working spaces, the others ensure that studio and apartment spaces are large and comfortable enough to work from home with ease.
Impressive London-based tech companies and equity backed startups supporting remote working include:
- Checkout.com - The London-based leading global payment solution provider is one of the most valuable fintech companies in the world.
- Cleo - Based outside of London, Cleo is a fintech app designed for Gen Z to assist in terms of finance.
- Palo Alto Networks - Remote-first working makes it possible to now work for this American multinational cybersecurity company from your own London base.
- Trustpilot - The leading independent review platform open and free to all companies and users was founded in Copenhagen and regularly employees remote first from London.
Choose from our ideal accomodation options with co-work spaces included (London) including West Court (Hounslow), Finsbury Park, and Camden Lock. Expect a thriving community, landscaped gardens and green spaces (Finsbury Park), fitness classes, afterwork activities and movie nights. Rooms, studios and apartments have all been designed with you in mind. Cosy, comfortable and practical with a warm interior design and décor.
For those seeking a slower pace of life away from the constant hustle and bustle of London, tech companies are creating offices or central hubs in regional towns to give potential employees a half in, half out urban life, still in relatively close proximity to London. Reading (about 25 minutes by train from London Paddington or by car on the M4 corridor) is being labelled the UK’s Silicon Valley due to the flux of both UK and foreign large tech companies (across AI, gaming, ecomm, cyber, digital, fintech) setting up base and offering their employees remote and hybrid working options.
Here are some tech firms in Reading to look out for:
- Datasift - A Californian-born Human Data intelligence company, which extracts valuable insights from all types of human generated data in real-time.
- Sage People - Located in the recently developed Thames Valley Science Park, this award-winning company enables multinational companies to manage workforce through global cloud HR system.
- Snyk - The venture capital backed startup enables more than 1.5m developers worldwide to stay secure with its developer first proactive security solutions.
- Ensygnia - This tech company provides platform as a service (PAAS) for large payment companies, helping them to speed up and simplify customer experience, as well as assist with security.
Royal Heights - brand new, fully furnished flats located centrally (just a 10 min walk from the station) in a new development. Enjoy the vibrant neighbourhood and local shops. Choose from studio apartments, 1 and 2 bed flats and penthouse suites in a block of 53, hosting like-minded individuals.